1. MINIMAL QUANTITATIVE REQUIREMENTS
1.1. To become a psychodramatist (psychodrama psychotherapist or a psychodrama leader)
The minimum contact training hours is 720
The minimum number of psychodrama practice hours is 160.
Together 880 hours.
The minimum duration of the psychodrama training is 4 years.
There is a distinction between the training and subsequently title of:
• psychodramatist for psychotherapy; psychodrama psychotherapist.
• psychodramatist in other fields; psychodrama leader; sociodramatist; creative therapists.
• The Psychodramatist is a person, who is recognized as competent to take the responsibility for organising and directing a PD group and individual PD sessions, within his/her area of competence.
• Hours. There is a difference between training and “training hours”, between to learn theory and techniques and “theory and techniques hours”, between practising psychodrama and “practice hours” and so on. See further.
• Contact training hours are the hours of training in professional contact with a recognised trainer or assistant trainer. It can be hours used for PD self experience, or for theory and techniques, or for training in conducting inside the training institute (under live supervision) or for supervision.
• Practice hours: hours of practising as director or co-director in own practice under (some type of) supervision. Time is time of session + time of processing with a co-director before and/or after the session.
• One hour is minimal 45 minutes pure PD work from actual start till the end.
1.2. Content. In the 720 contact training hours, there will be a minimum:
• 200 hours of PD self experience (ongoing group),
• 120 hours for theory and techniques,
• 200 hours of training for conducting inside the advanced training group;
• and 80 hours of supervision. In these 80 hours of supervision there will be a minimum of 40 hours supervision of the individual psychodrama trainee or of a trainee team conducting a group.
• The remaining 120 hours can be decided freely by the training organisation or by the trainee, as supplements of these 4 subsections
Hours of PD self-experience. Time active in a basic or therapeutic PD group or in an individual experiential PD setting; it is centred on experiencing the role of group member, of protagonist and of auxiliary (ego), while working on own psychic and relational problems.
Hours of theory and techniques. Hours of activity with a trainer and centred on theory or techniques; it is usually given as seminar or workshop.
Hours of training in conducting inside the advanced training group. In this group the accent is more on practising than on experiencing. Practising by being director, co-director and auxiliary and processing this practice.
Hours of supervision are contact hours with a supervisor in a training process focused on the psychodramatic relationship between the client (individual and/or group) and the trainee practising as director or co-director outside his training institute.
2. MINIMUM QUALITATIVE REQUIREMENTS
2.1. Preliminary educational level for admission of new trainees
Preliminary education for an application in psychodrama training: a University or Higher Education degree (Bachelor) in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of practice.
All applicants will document training / education in the following areas: human growth and development, theories of personality, mental health and pathology, methods of psychotherapy, and social systems.
2.2. Admission procedure. The minimum procedure is a file or form, an introduction or admission seminar and an individual interview by a trainer.
2.3. The evaluation of the trainee before certification shall be an evaluation of practice, theory and personality.
3. MINIMAL TRAINING STANDARDS FOR THE INTEGRATION OF RESEARCH IN TRAINING
3.1. Curriculum: min. of 20 hours for research in psychodrama Learning outcome:
– to know, apply, analyze, discuss and criticize… qualitative/ quantitative evaluation/ research methods;
– to be able to write an evaluation/ research proposal and to write a dissertation/ essay as part of the training.
3.2. Dissertation / essay: min of 15000 words/30-40 pages – practice-oriented evaluation/ research based on theory, description of practice and on empirical data