FEPTO XXIV. GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Tuesday, 15th of May 2018
GENERAL ASSEMBLY I
- Opening the General Assembly
Nikolaos Takis and Krzysztof Ciepliński (President and Vice-President)
- Appointment of the secretary
Secretary: Kerstin Jurdell
- Appointment of two members to check the minutes
Zoltán Figusch and Irina Gruia accepted to check the minutes
- Establishment of the Quorum
150 votes makes the quorum valid according the statues.
- Appointment of the vote counters
Annick Millet Wagner and Cecile Osse accepted to count the votes.
- Approval of the agenda of the General Assembly
The agenda was approved unanimously.
- Approval of the Marathon General Assembly Minutes
Sigtuna minutes were approved unanimously.
- Reports of the Executive Council
a. President report: Nikolaos Takis
Getting acquainted with my new role. Enhancing and safeguarding the proper functioning of the Council. Co-constructing along with the other council members the rationale and the structure of the 26th Annual Meeting. Preparing the agenda and the material for the council meetings in Dave and Pravetz, as long as the executive meeting on the Isle of Man. Actively supporting the LOC in the organization of the Conference and the Annual Meeting. Participating in the exchanges with EAP about the recognition of Psychodrama as a distinct psychotherapeutic method. Closely collaborating with the vice President and other council members for the effective handling of various issues pertinent to the operation of FEPTO. Writing, co-editing and supporting the publication of the FEPTO Newsletter.
b. Vice-president report: Krzysztof Ciepliński
The personal warm up to Vice President’s role. Establishing the way of effective and trustful cooperation with the FEPTO President. Co-writing the editorials for the FEPTO Newsletter. Participating in the preparation of Council and Board meetings as well as in issues regarding the current functioning of FEPTO. Co-construction of the content and structure of the 26th FEPTO AM, authorship of the idea of building into the program a small group focused on Psychodrama theory and interconnections to scientific discoveries and other disciplines. Co-organizing the work of this group including publishing information and letters to participants. Involvement to organizing the next edition of the FEPTO Student Awards Committee. Initiative of FEPTO’s participation in the process of preparation of the EU Commission’s ESCO description of the role of psychotherapist, in order to postulate the inclusion of Psychodrama or humanistic/experiential approach into this definition..
c. Secretary and Internal Affairs report: Ana Cruz
The main job was to minute the council meetings in Dave, November 2017, and the executive Meeting in Isle of Man February 2018. She accomplished this task with the support of all council members. In addition, as a part of the Executive Council, she participated in the Isle of Man meeting by Skype, and together with the president, the vice-president and the treasurer she worked to accomplish the goals of the meeting and take all the decisions needed.
She also worked to keep the email up to date and collaborated in editing the newsletter.
She wants to thank to all Council members their support and patience with her English and also for being so actively involved in FEPTO mission. She wants to address a special thank you to the LOC for the preparation of the AM and to all the lecturers.
She also would like to point out that the new format of the AM results from the active involvement of FEPTO members, to whom she thanks, and from the specific proposals they have sent to the council.
d. Treasurer report
Chantal Nève-Hanquet reported the FEPTO – Only two institutes have not paid 2017.
- Auditor`s report / Approval of the revised accountancy
Jacomien Ilbrink-de Visser approved the revised accountancy. Suggestion: it should be two auditors in the future. We had a discussion but not a decision to change anything now. Approved unanimously
- Discharge of the Council. Approved unanimously
- Report of the chairs of the committees
- Training Committee report: Reijo Kauppila
Goals of Training Committee: To define the competencies of psychodrama trainee / practitioner working in therapy or psychotherapy and to define specific competencies according to EAP – started March 2016, 80% is done, continues till autumn 2018; to define the competencies of psychodrama trainee/practitioner working in other fields of application: education, organisations, social work, etc. – started March 2016, 80% is done, continues till autumn 2018; to define competencies of psychodrama trainer – started March 2018, ready AM 2019; to organize a week-end seminar for FEPTO trainers. The theme will be decided by training committee. To be organised 2019 (an option).
2 Training Committee meetings with competencies of psychodramatist and psychodrama trainer:
- November 17-19, 2018, Stuttgart, Germany
- March 27-28, 2018 Tallinn, Estonia
- Membership Committee and Annual Meeting Committee report: Kerstin Jurdell
There is one applicant from the D.E.A. Psychodrama Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria to be voted for in the GA.
Their application was considered and found to be in line with the guidelines and requirements for application for membership in FEPTO. I got help with the reading from a committee member, Sofia Symeonidou. We have three institutes as guests in the AM who want to become members of FEPTO next year: Serbian Psychodrama Association (SPA) from Belgrade, Serbia; Psychotherapeutisches Institut Bergerhausen (PIB), from Hamburg, Germany; Centro di Psicodramma e Sociodramma Zerka T. Moreno di Lucca, from Concordio / Lucca, Italy. I have been communicating with the guests and other relevant board members as well as the president of FEPTO, concerning their interest to be members and we accepted them as guests. For the Annual Meeting I have been in contact with Katerina Illieva, LOC, board member FEPTO, in emails and telephone for questions concerning the organisation. I also read the voices from the GA meeting in Sigtuna and compiled this in a report.
- Ethics & International Affairs Committee report: Judith Teszáry
The Ethics Committee is working on the Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct for training institutes/organisations.
Definition: The code of conduct for a group or organization is an agreement on rules of behaviour for the members of that group or organization. (Collins Dictionary)
At our meeting in Sigtuna we decided to collect ethical cases as examples to discuss and to see what kind of regulations/guidelines the training institutes would need to deal with ethical issues.
I sent out a round letter to all the FEPTO members to send in their existing code of ethics for their institutes. Most institutes/organisations have codes as a part of their general Code of Ethics for professionals but don’t have separate codes for the training institute/organisation.
I received a few answers but I need more responses in order to evaluate the possibility of implementing the new information into the FEPTO Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct for training institutes and organisation.
I wrote a frame document about what area the Code of Ethics and the Code of Conduct should cover. Specific by-laws will be written for each area.
The work in the small group on this topic will be a welcoming contribution to accomplish this task to create ethical standards.
There was one complaint letter from a trainee of an institute which is not a member of FEPTO, but it raised a lot of interesting questions. We did not open the case, but I answered the questions in general terms..
- Development & Network Committee report: Fred Dorn
The task: When I took the responsibility for the Chair of Networking – and as well for the Chair of Development – I was not at all sure what it was about, how to handle it. I had some proposals and papers produced by my predecessors – Yaacov Naor and Norbert Apter – but for me is was not quite clear how to establish and how to promote the idea of networking into and within the community of FEPTO, how to give it a frame, how, to take it psychodramatically, to create a balance between spontaneous working networking groups within FEPTO and the requirements of an organizational management that allows sharing ideas and experiences, enhances psychodramatic development and creativity in the wide spread European society – geographically as well as socially and politically. The definition of this demand was produced by Yaacov Naor:
Networking is about creating more meaningful dialogues for our personal support and professional exchange and development as FEPTO members. Creating networking can help FEPTO to become a broader psychodrama community and to allow more contacts and interactions. Networking activities may reduce competition, tension and unnecessary power struggles between persons and institutes and within FEPTO, and increase the possibility of professional dialogue and cooperation.
I realized that this is a very challenging task, because it concerns the organization of the cooperation of very different people and organizations, living in different countries, with different backgrounds and interests, problems and hopes – connected by a common historical and political background and the destiny of living together in a world full of changes, threats and challenges. The connection concerns as well Moreno’s ideas and philosophy, his research and impact on scientific work concerning psychodrama, sociometry and group therapy, the common interest of establishing and developing psychodramatically based action-methods, thus to reinforce and to develop human creativity and spontaneity and thus to contribute to the creation of a less threatening world. This has been, as I understand it, the main interest of Moreno’s thinking and acting. In this essay Moreno suggests a world order that faces all the dangers, threats and destruction mankind has been producing in a global aspect therapeutically, that means not to consider the victims of aggression and destruction personally as clients or patients, but to look at the societies being responsible for this misery and calamities and to find socially and – network-based – ways to help them to cure themselves.
FEPTO – principally could be such an organization to promote by the organization of networking a social-therapeutic impact on our European society. But to realize this is really a huge task. And it requires the creative development of adequate skills and abilities on the personal level and to make use of them in the sphere of organizations as well.
Proposal: Creating networking, that means “meaningful dialogues” and as well the possibility of “professional dialogue and cooperation” within a society of about 27 member organizations out of almost all European countries requires a well-structured organization of dialogues and interchanging of documents, information, projects and experiences. This does not only concern networking as a task between individual networking groups, but as well networking among the organization as a whole. It requires a creative use of tools appropriate to the demands of psychodramatic and as well of sociometric and scientific work: To create a virtual platform consisting of the council, the chairs, the committees and the networking groups – all in virtual connection to each other, exchanging information, thoughts, ideas, planning mutual projects, referring about events, sharing common experiences.
To work with such a networking platform as so to speak with prolonged arms and legs and as well making use of an enlarged common brain requires the acceptance and the readiness of all persons involved to cope with this kind of communication. It is an instrument, a tool, the use of which has to be learnt. It is an only virtually existing network representing in its structure the structure of the organization having created it. It represents a coherence that has to be fostered and taken care for. And it has to be manageable and last not least attractive and maybe even seductive.
As well it has to be secure, safe and a place that allows creative thinking and writing, considering the very different political and social situations our members are living in. It is thus a steady conserve to be created which always can be transformed in vivid action by those who find pleasure in using it.
Thus it is by no means a substitute for real exchange and encounter, but quite in the opposite: It requires and demands even more real encounters and meetings, because project ideas, experiences, thoughts and ideas shared may stimulate new forms of cooperation, networking and thus contribute to an active networking society within FEPTO – which is and represents FEPTO.
The scheme of the Virtual Networking Platform:
Conditions of working within the Networking Platform: All members of the Council have access to the Platform – to the “Council” and as well to all the other Committees.
- Council members are entitled to read, to write and to publish in the “Council” and as well in the Committee they have taken the responsibility for as Chair.
- As well Council members have access to the platforms of all the other Committees, but here it should be up to the Chair in charge to decide, in which way other members of the Council may contribute by own writing and publishing.
- All members of the FEPTO community may have access to this platform and read what Is published by the Council and by the other Chairs.
- As well members of the FEPTO Community active in certain Committees are entitled to publish, to edit and to discuss common issues with other members. The decision and the frame of rights to contribute by writing and publishing has to be made by the responsible Chair.
- Normally each accepted member of FEPTO should have the right to write and to publish on the platform he or she is interested in, but the Chair should have a look how to organize it.
Advantages of working in and with the Networking platform
- The platform offers a common space all members of the society have access to.
- This space is secure, allows to communicate in a safe and protected way.
- The platform collects and combines the activities of the society on one place in different folders and in a structure according to the FEPTO organization. Thus it enhances the access to quick information and encourages the exchange of meanings, opinions, documents.
- The virtual networking platform reflects and reproduces the real network within FEPTO and not only that – once working it promotes and increases networking between members, groups and committees.
Further more there will be:
- An easy handling of documents, topics, discussions
- Safe archive of all important documents
- All documents and files maybe saved and deleted as well by the authors or by the administrator
- Transparency of activities of the Council and the different Chairs and Committees
- Easy handling of the platform by skilled FEPTO members as administrators
- No easy access by Google, meaning that our data, documents, files are not stocked somewhere by Google, but on our platform, where we can decide by our own how to deal with them
- No payment of any fees or rental costs.
- Research Committee report: Johannes Krall
Since our last Annual Meeting in Sigtuna/ Sweden (June 2017) the main focus of our RC work was on four activities:
– preparing and conducting a Research Committee Meeting in Tallinn/ Estonia
– organizing a research conference and a Research Committee Meeting in Douglas on the Isle of Man
– developing a proposal for an International Journal of Psychodrama and Action Methods (see FEPTO News 18.1, p.31)
– Participation in meetings and conferences: European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP) in Vienna, and Society for Psychotherapy Research (SPR) in Oxford.
(1) The Research Committee Meeting from 5th – 8th of October 2017 in Tallinn was on the theme “Diversity in psychodrama practice – challenges for process and outcome research”. Presentations of ongoing research on psychodrama effectiveness and research in training were the main contributions. Furthermore, we had research workshops to look at diversity in psychodrama practice, developing a research tool for spontaneity, and doing action research with experts on the issue of social work in an orphanage.
The RCM in Tallinn was a very fruitful meeting and participants have left with very positive impressions in their feedback and evaluation of the meeting. I want to thank our LOC who have organized the place and who helped us in any respect to make our work as pleasant as possible: Ene Vinter-van Vierssen, Dirk J. van Vierssen, and Pille Isat. I want to thank them for their hospitality and warmth.
(2) The Research Committee Meeting and the conference from 8th – 11th of February on the Isle of Man put a focus on the theme “All in the Mind?” Global perspectives on understanding, researching, and treating mental health. It took place at the Keyll Darree, Learning & Education Centre, and it was co-organized with Isle of Man Mental Health Services. It was a great success to welcome 120 participants. I want to thank our local hosts Kate Kirk, Juan Corlett & their professional team for their warm welcome and their excellent organization of the meeting.
In this conference researchers and practitioners shared their knowledge, practice and research results pertaining a broad field of professional practice. Several panels were organized around topics like Training and Supervision, Diagnosis and Standards, Researching Psychotherapy, Children’s Mental Health, Addiction, Voices of Service Users, Resilience and Coping.
It was a wonderful experience, that psychodrama could play such an important role in this conference. Many colleagues from the Research committee shared their research work on psychodrama. Research on psychotherapy with adults and young people, the experience of women in a psychodrama rehabilitation group, research about psychodrama in therapeutic communities for drug addiction, and research on training and supervision in psychodrama were presented and discussed by our RC colleagues.
On the final day participants in the Research Committee Meeting could also listen to and discuss specific topics on organizational counselling and how to use digital tools, Live Action Role Play (LARP), Effectiveness research of trauma stabilisation and learning, and transgenerational transmission of the “cultural trauma”. The abstracts for these presentations can be found in the report.
It was very interesting to see the variety of different research methods applied in psychodrama research. Quantitative and qualitative methods were used and sometimes combined in a mixed method design. Moreover, case studies were discussed and psychodrama itself as a research tool was presented.
(3) International Journal of Psychodrama and Action Methods: In our last FEPTO Council in Dave (Nov. 2017) it was decided to present a proposal for a new Psychodrama Journal to be voted on at our upcoming Annual Meeting in Pravets. Different ideas were reflected upon, and finally the Council agreed that these ideas will be further developed in a discussion among Kate Kirk, Christian Stadler, Nikos Takis, and Johannes Krall at the FEPTO RC Meeting on the Isle of Man in February 2018. Zoli Figusch, who has also an interest in this project, is informed about the discussion. On the Isle of Man, it was underlined, that the Journal should have a good standing in the professional world, and therefore follow professional standards. The proposal for the International Journal of Psychodrama and Action Methods has been published in the FEPTO Newsletter and can be voted on in the GA at the FEPTO AM in Pravets.With great pleasure we have started to prepare our forthcoming FEPTO Research Committee meeting from 4th – 7th of October in Leipzig. Our meeting will be hosted by the Surplus Psychodrama Institute Leipzig (PDI). Many thanks to our local hosts: Anett Richter-Nowak, Uwe Nowak, Katja Kolmorgen. Researchers and practitioners, students/ trainees and trainers in psychodrama and everybody who is interested in psychodrama research is invited to join our network.
- Communication Committee report: Katherina Ilieva
- Training Committee report: Reijo Kauppila
- Approval of the Budget 2018
A proposal from the auditor Jacomien Ilbrink-de Visser was that the airplane tickets for the AM for council members should be paid by FEPTO.The proposal of changing the agenda for this approval was discussed. 61 voted YES. The GA decided to change the agenda for the GA and make a change in the agenda.
Approval of changing to pay the cost for air tickets for the council when traveling to the AM
In the discussion voices thought about the cost for the council and suggested it should be fewer council members. Another voice was the the council don´t need to pay the yearly membership fee. Another voice was to decide a maximum cost. The GA decided to make this proposal for the next AM 2019.
- Proposal for the change of loss and profits between the LOC and FEPTO
The proposal also included the commitment of the LOC that the program of the Conference will be prepared by the LOC until the Council Meeting in November of the previous year and to respect the Council’s recommendations. The GA approved this change of loss and profit as presented. A new quorum was 86 (members had left). 81 votes YES; 3 votes NO; 0 abstention
This decision counts only if the LOC has prepared a provisional version of the program of both the AM and Conference by the Council Meeting on early November of the previous year and submit the final programs by the executive meeting on February of the same year. An exception is due to Force Majeure!!
- Approval of the proposal of FEPTO Platform & Discussion about the Constitution
Fred Dorn presented the FEPTO FORUM. A virtual platform accessible free for all members. He also reminded the GA that a change of statutes may be needed which might be discussed in the platform..
- Approval of the proposal for the International Journal with the support of FEPTO
Johannes Krall presented the idea with the journal. It will be hopefully two issues per year or one large. The editorial board will be Hannes Krall, Zoli Figush, Ana Cruz, Christian Stadler and Kate Kirk. The publisher is still not chosen but Springer was for example proposed as a publisher with a good reputation. There was a discussion. Voices were heard like the cost for buying the journal and how accessible it will be for buyers? It will probably be read by the institutes which are members and hopefully their trainees. Another voice raised a dilemma re whether this would be a FEPTO journal or not? Hannes informed about the need of an independent journal to be accepted in the scientific society as well as an independent editorial board. The GA was informed that the cost for members in the Deutscher Fachverband für Psychodrama (DFP) and ÖAGG is 40 Euro/year (two issues). Paula de Leonardis presented shortly the Italian journal where she is the editor.
The distribution was discussed. It will be both from internet and printed. Other experiences from previous publishing were shared. For example the BPA journal which is not much active nowadays. The main question is how much FEPTO may decide and influence the journal and how much the editorial board? There is already an influence with Hannes Krall and Ana Cruz as council members.Voting: 75 votes YES; 6 votes NO; 7 votes abstention
Decision: FEPTO contributes with 3 000 Euro (maximum) for three years (9 000 Euro) to support a journal.
- Initiating a poster session and presentations in the context of FEPTO conference and Annual Meeting / connection with student awards: discussion and voting. It was presented for the GA. There is a support for this idea.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY II
- Approval of new memberships on the recommendation of the Council
DEA Psychodrama Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria, has applied for membership. Their application had been presented in the FEPTO Newsletter and in the agora at the AM. The board proposed they should become members.
Voting: 75 votes YES; 6 votes NO; 5 votes for abstention.
Decision: The DEA institute is accepted as new member.
- Welcoming new members and voting results
We gave them a warm welcome.
- FEPTO AM and Conference 2019
Finland/Estonia. Organizing institutes: Helsinki Psychodrama Institute, Finland; Tallinn Psychodrama Institute, Estonia; Tartu Psychodrama Institute, Estonia
Place: Tallinn / Estonia.
- FEPTO AM and Conference 2020
F.Y.R. Of Macedonia
Organizing Institute: Non Profit Organization for Psychotherapy and Education Amigdala + another organisation!
- Proposals for FEPTO AM and Conference 2021
Poland was presented.
- Any other business
- Closure of the General Assembly
(for the FEPTO secretary)
Download > Minutes with the original layout