In the seventies and eighties a variety of organisations evolved offering international seminars for psychodrama, from the Louvain (Leuven) Seminar 1972 (106 participants out of 8 European countries) to the Cattolica meeting 1987 and Moreno Memorials in 1989 at Baden Austria with an opening for Eastern European countries.
The more concrete project to gather European trainers in one association emerged in Montreal at the IAGP Congress of 1992. The first meeting was convened by Grete Leutz and Pierre Fontaine with the local organiser Göran Högberg in 1993 in Stockholm (29 participants from 17 countries). There were yearly meetings under the name ESCOPE (European Study and Co-ordination of Psychodrama Education). More > Annual Meeting History
1996, in Louvain, the association was founded, as FEPTO, a constitution was voted on, and the first council was elected. It was agreed as an international non-profit organisation in accordance with Belgian law. The statutory address is (c/o Pierre Fontaine) Herestraat 21 in 3000 Louvain, Belgium. The working language is English but sometimes at the annual meeting there is a working subgroup speaking French, Italian or German.
Annual Meeting History
- 1993 Stockholm (Sweden): ISCOPE
- 1994 Oxford (Great Britain): name changed to ESCOPE
- 1995 Louvain (Belgium)
- 1996 Louvain (Belgium): first GA, name changed to FEPTO
- 1997 Sulzano (Italy)
- 1998 Diez (Germany)
- 1999 Seville (Spain)
- 2000 Budapest (Hungary): Training and Values
- 2001 Grasse (France) Roots and Wings. Trans- generational Aspects of Training
- 2002 Bistritza/Sofia (Bulgaria): From Training to Practice
- 2003 Estoril (Portugal): Ways of Supervision
- 2004 Kauniainen (Finland): Trust, Ethics and Power in Practice
- 2005 Vienna (Austria): Bridge Over Troubled Water / Integration of Opposites Allows Differences
- 2006 Cluj-Napoca (Romania): Apolon and Dyonisos /Theories In Action
- 2007 Alaçatı (Turkey): Back to Back, Face to Face / Different Styles of Training in Conflict Resolution
- 2008 Bearsden/Glasgow (Scotland): Re-searching Nessie/Exploring Sociodrama
- 2009 Ghent (Belgium): Working with your Neighbours
- 2010 Kovačica/Belgrade (Serbia): Living on the Borderline
- 2011 Neve Shalom (Israel): Psychodrama as a Cross Cultural Practice
- 2012 Romerike Folkehøgskole/Oslo (Norway): The Creative saving lie: The balance between denial and truth
- 2013 Santander (Spain): The Group and I
- 2014 Obidos (Portugal): The core competencies of a psychodrama trainer.
Differences and similarities in Europe
- 2015 Bonn (Germany): Promotion of Psychodrama – Who shall survive?
- 2016 Marathon (Greece): Cooperation in times of conflict and change: Challenges in
Psychodrama training and practice
- Sigtuna (Sweden): 25th Anniversary of FEPTO – Vision of Psychodrama in the current world:
the perspective of inclusion and mutuality
- 2018, Pravetz, Bulgaria: From Today, Tomorrow. Revisiting the Core Functions of our Organizations
- 2019, Tallinn, Estonia: From Creativity to Functionality. Prosperous Members in a Flourishing Organization
- 2020 Ohrid, North Macedonia: topic to be decided.